HOME > Life > tourism

tourism

The Former Site of Military Government of the Revolution in 1911

Release time: 2012-08-17 16:25:34                                      Source: OVC

It is located in the north of Yue Machang in the south of the Snake Mountain of Wuchang and it used to be the building of Hubei advisory department. The former site was started in 1908 and completed in 1910, covering an area of 28 mu (1 mu = 0.067 ha.) with 11 buildings and a construction area of over 6000 square meters. The main building is a two-layer masonry and concrete structure western-style building with a surface width of 73 meters, a depth of 42 meters, oriented south and north. The center roof of upper layer extends to a watchtower, which became the commanding height of the axes of Yuemachang at that time. It has a clear vision and seems rather spectacular. The revolution of 1911 shot the first gunshot in Wuhan on October 10th, 1911. After the success of Wuchang Uprising, members of the revolutionary party founded the military government which used to execute the power of “the central government of Republic of China”. It is also called “red tower” for its main building is red.

The former site of military government of Wuchang Uprising which is regarded as the history milestone of the Chinese nation in overthrowing imperialism and establishing republicanism has a significant culture relic value and it was announced as the national key culture relic protection units by the State Council in 1961.

Bus line: 540, 542, 706, etc.

 

 

MENU

FAQ